I was inspired by the cool breeze in the air and slight decrease in humidity. It’s not quite boots and sweater weather here where I live, but I’m ready. #itisOctober #grabmeapumpkinspicelatte #ohyeahIdontlikethose What better way to celebrate Fall then to talk about Fall makeup. I don’t know about about you, but I personally favor certain colors season to season. In Fall, I love berry shades for Fall makeup, especially for the lip. Normally I like a pink nude or neutral pink for lip, but in the Fall and Winter, I love Berry shades! Today I’m going to talk about a lot of wearable berry makeup (because you guys know I favor a natural look) and every single bit of it can be found at the drugstore!
Since I love berry lip shades, we’re going to talk about those first. I brought out a couple of lipsticks and glosses from my collection to swatch and give as affordable drugstore options. All of these colors I wear, and I am quite fair. None of these look garish on the lips, and they all wear well while feeling moisturizing. #ihavecertainlipstickcriteria
- Sonia Kashuk Ultra Luxe Lip Gloss in Polished Plum– Target only $8.99 there’s also a Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Lip Color in Sheer Berry ($10.99) that is also delightful! (not pictured)
- NYX Butter Gloss in Devil’s Food– ($4.99) This appears very dark in the tube but goes on a beautiful creamy berry.
- L’Oreal Infallible Le Rouge 10hr Lip Color in Tender Berry– $8.99 This is more of a long wear color while still being creamy. I bet that “Everlasting Plum” is gorgeous too!
- Maybelline Loaded Bold Lipstick in Mauve It– $5.59 Maybelline lipsticks are some of the best at the drugstore, although I am personally not a fan of any type of scent or flavor to my drugstore lippies. This to me was one of the most wearable shades of the Maybelline Bold line that came out at the beginning of the summer. I’ve been holding on to it just for Fall!
- SheaMoisture Shea Butter Luscious Lipstick in Berry– $9.99 Now you if you remember my post totally devoted to SheaMoisture lipsticks claiming that they were the best lipsticks at the drugstore- this lipstick was in it! If you don’t- you can read that post here as well as see other swatches of these lipsticks! I still stay by that claim, these lipsticks are luscious! They are creamy, pigmented, and moisturizing.
- Maybelline Color Jolt in Berry Naughty– ($6.99) Somehow this didn’t make it into the original picture, but I made a special place for it! If you read my Stash Dupes Part 2 post, then you already know this is a dupe formula and possibly the color too for Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick in Melted Berry. These Maybelline Color Jolts are saturated, creamy lip colors that you can’t go wrong with!
Now let us talk blush- I love my blushes! One of my best blush finds at the drugstore has been the CoverGirl TruBlend blush in Deep Mauve ($8.49). This blush is unique and beautiful- especially for a drugstore product. It has a beautiful pigmented berry color that can be sheared out for fair girls, but will work just as well on someone with a medium to dark complexion (it’s actually made for dark skin tones). #norulesinmakeup This blush has an undercurrent of golden glow to it with out the glitter or the sparkles. These are “baked” blushes in the sense that they have swirls of different shades a la Laura Geller Baked blushes. This gives a gorgeous luminous glow somehow, miraculously.
Last, but not least, there are many ways to do a Fall eye and berry shades are some of the prettiest. Both eye palettes I’m featuring are from Wet n Wild. The small trio is from the Fall collection and is called Velour Vixen and the other one is the Au Naturel palette in Nude Awakening ($5.62), and out of the two, Nude Awakening has got you covered- you probably don’t need Velour Vixen since it’s sold out ;). Read here for my review and swatches of both Wet n Wild Au Naturel Palettes! I love that there are some neutral shades in this Au Naturel palette as well some deeper tones like the berry and black. I also like that there is a range of shades from light to mid tone to deep. I feel that this allows you to get a range of looks out of your palette. #daytonightladies
How are you doing your makeup for Fall? Do you have other colors that inspire you like rust, green, or navy? Thanks for reading.