Today I wanted to take some time to review the Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid ($45 1 oz.). This is a relatively new foundation and just released this Spring. I have seen many youtubers give it rave reviews, especially Jaclyn Hill (which is why I think it’s sold out right now on sephora.com). But QVC is about to have a spectacular TSV including this foundation on August 13th and I thought you guys might want to know about this foundation as well as what is in the rest of the TSV that’s coming out later this August. I mentioned this TSV in my What’s Up Wednesday post with a link, but I will also include the link below to order it now before it airs!
First the Foundation: I bought this foundation in the color “Light” (Mystical RG 30) which is supposed to be for light-medium skin tones with neutral undertones and I have to say it’s a perfect match. This rarely ever happens because I am neutral and sometimes foundations can look to pink, too yellow, or too orange. There are some options for golden undertones as well (light-medium tsv shade).
- Formula and Coverage: The formula of this foundation is fabulous. I’m going to try to describe it in words. It is very thin and runny, but a little more substantial than a serum foundation would be. Just like it says in the title, it is a fluid. It is sooooo easy to blend! I have normal to dry skin and it is a great fit for my skin type. I also read that people with more oily skin like this too. The most miraculous thing about this foundation is that it looks just like skin. #thatsrightIsaidmiraculous It’s a little glowy, so if you’re oily you probably want to use your mattifying primer and set this foundation. I had heard and read that this foundation was medium to full coverage, and it is! I am more of a light to medium coverage type of gal so I just use less foundation than I normally would, about a half a pump. But if you needed a little more coverage you can use one pump and it will cover. Even with my half pump, I am not needing to use concealer where I normally would -where I have more redness, like around the nose. I would also like to mention that my sensitive skin has not had any adverse effects from this foundation. #norash #nobreakouts My skin feels soft at the end of the day when I remove this, which is a nice bonus.
- Application: I have been playing around with this foundation for about a week, testing the amount to use, as well with and without primer. The first time I used it I definitely used too much. It doesn’t seem like your using very much because it’s thin and blends/spreads so well but before you know you’ve got cake face so watch out for that! #nocakeface This foundation plays wells with primers too, and a primer definitely helps with the longevity of the product, but it is good on it’s own as well. I will say that even though this product is not advertised as long wearing- it is. I have been satisfied with the way this foundation looks after 6-8 hours. I have also used a beautyblender sponge and real techniques expert face brush to apply this and it has played well both. I am thinking a stippling brush would be great with it too. (a stippling brush comes in the TSV)
- Packaging: This bottle is beautiful with the colored swirls on the bottle. The bottle is also a substantial glass and has a pump. #pumpsarethebest I also feel that this pump os very controllable and does not squirt a whole bunch of foundation out at once. This is important when the foundation is runny. I only need like half a pump to do my whole face so I appreciate that this pump will do half a pump and I’m not wasting foundation. #alittlebitgoesalongway
FYI on the QVC TSV: The Josie Maran QVC TSV “Vibrant Milky Skin” will air August 13th, but I’ve got your back with item numbers for one time shipment (A279282) & for Auto-Delivery (A286776) (free shipping and 3 easy pays too). The Auto delivery will come with a new gloss color in the next shipments. This set is a great deal and a great way to try the Vibrancy Foundation, sold out on Sephora right now. This set includes 4 full size products and a brush:1.7 fl. oz. 100% Pure Argan Oil,1 fl. oz. Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment,1 fl.oz. Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid,0.12 fl oz Argan Natural Volume Lip Gloss in Dyani, Vibrancy Foundation Brush. The cost for the set is $59.94 +free shipping (w/ three optional easy payments) and the breakdown of this set at retail (aka Sephora) would be $204. Little known secret that QVC has some of the best deals on makeup sets and kits from well known brands!
If you would like to know more about the gloss that comes in this kit, let me know in the comments or contact me and I will make a separate post for the gloss!
Here’s what Sephora says about the foundation:
A revolutionary medium-to-full coverage skin care foundation fluid powered by 100 percent pure argan oil and nutrient-rich pigments for vibrant, glowing skin.What it is formulated to do:
Activate your skin’s vitality with Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid. Like a fresh squeezed juice, Vibrancy utilizes a revolutionary cold-pressed process that preserves the powerful, hand-selected ingredients for the freshest, most effective skin care foundation. Vibrancy energizes your skin with the essential nutrients it craves and is designed to interact and adapt to the movements of your skin with delicate fluidity for a radiant, dimensional finish. The breathable, lightweight, medium-to-full coverage formula features a powerful blend of moisture-enhancing ingredients that help soothe, smooth, and restore skin’s luminosity.What it is formulated WITHOUT:
– PhthalatesWhat else you need to know:
This product is dermatologist tested and clinically proven to hydrate and smooth even the most sensitive skin. Find your ideal shade with confidence. First identify your undertones: R is for rosey undertones, G is for golden undertones, and RG is for neutral or rose gold undertones. Next, you’ll choose the depth of your shade, with 5 being the most fair and 85 being the most rich.
In a clinical study after 4 weeks:
– 100% of subjects experienced a significant increase of skin moisture by 106%
– 98% of subjects experienced a significant increase of skin smoothness and softness by 111%
In a consumer study:
– 100% said that their past feelings about foundation improved after experiencing Vibrancy
– 93% agreed Vibrancy helped visibly calm their skin condition, specifically scarring, inflammation, and rosacea
*This was not sponsored, I purchased this on my own.
*no affiliate links are used in this post.