August has flown by! In my opinion, it feels like the very last day of Summer before it’s insta-Fall tomorrow- the first day of September (although the weather will still be like Summer for the next month). Come see what I have been up to on the blog and in my life- What’s Up Wednesday?!
- What we’re eating this week– Tacos, Grilled Chicken, and my family famous Spaghetti- my kids say it’s the best even though they eat the noodles plain!
- What I’m reminiscing about– All the summer fun I have had with my girls. Yeah when you’re in the thick of it and looking after two small children everyday- you’re really just trying to rack your brain to think of things that will wear them out, but we have really done some fun stuff together this summer.
- What I’m loving– My It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe French Boutique Blush Brush, My Tarte Shape Tape, and Ikea. Did I need a new blush brush? No. I am perfectly happy with my Real Techniques blush brush, but this one has just been calling to me and since I love my other It Cosmetics brushes I bought it new off ebay. It’s so nice- fluffy and soft and applies blush perfectly. Still loving my Tarte shape concealer- so much so I bought another color so now I have light and light/medium. The two mixed together is the perfect color for me. Ikea has really been coming through for me in terms of toy storage, which you will see below. We also bought my youngest daughter a new loft bed too! And these items in the other picture too including the LORAC Pro 3 Palette, both my Charlotte Tilbury Palettes as well the new “my pink” Maybelline Baby Lips!
- What we’ve been up to– The pool, amusement parks, and getting in the last of summer before school starts. This week we have been acclimating to our new schedule for school- no more going to bed late. While she was excited about going back to school on Monday, it dawned on my daughter in the car on the way to school “Wait- I’m going to have to do this everyday for the next year?!” Yep- Sorry!
- What I’m dreading– Spelling tests and projects. My daughter just started first grade, but the two things I dreaded in Kindergarten last year were the weekly spelling tests and monthly projects because, lets be honest, that’s actually more work for me than it is for my kid. We’ll see how this year goes.
- What I’m working on– We fixed up our girls’ playroom and we will be revamping our younger daughters room for her birthday with a new loft bed and possibly a different room in our house altogether. I’m also working on my summer favorites makeup post for this week and this blog is possibly going to get a big girl makeover. #winkwink
- What I’m excited about– Birthdays in the next month- mine and both girls, well my oldest is in the beginning of October but close enough! We don’t usually do anything big, and I’m not sure those big birthday parties are gonna happen this year, but we will definitely have a family and close friend birthday party for them. My Husband has gone back to school to get his Master’s and I’m really excited and proud of him.
- What I’m watching/reading– We are up to date on Suits! My husband and I have moved on to watching Beach Bargain Hunt at night. When I get time, I will start The Cursed Child by JK Rowling and the new Steve Berry book, The 14th Colony- already bought and waiting for me on the kindle app!
- What I’m listening to– nothing much these days- it goes back and forth from the Teen Beach Movie 2 Soundtrack that the girls like to listen to in the car to Pandora radio stations and sometimes Amazon Prime music.
- What I’m wearing– I have been loving the CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream which I reviewed yesterday on this blog. It’s soooo good and not just for people with oily skin. I also have been loving my Makeup Revolution products that I got in a recent haul from Ulta including the Iconic Redemption eyeshadow palettes and matte blushes. These Iconic Redemption shadow palettes are dupes for the Urban Decay Naked palettes and I almost like them better! #gasp They are pigmented with some satin, matte, and shimmer shadows but no glittery ones and they also have minimal fall out! I find that the Urban Decay palettes have some unuseable glitter shades that can have fall out on the face. I also have been wearing these lippies from the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip set- so worth the $28!
- What I’m doing this weekend– Since it’s Labor Day, we will have a long weekend. We will go see family, maybe go to an aquarium or water park or the beach.
- What I’m looking forward to next month– Birthdays! Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty starting September 4th and new makeup releases for holiday will start at the end of September. Football season starting with College Football and NFL football. My target beauty box and sephora play box, as well as free influenster boxes!
- What else is new– Ok everybody- in September this blog will look a lot prettier and more grown up because it is going to get a little makeover. In honor of this I am also going to be hosting a giveaway too with some awesome makeup goodies including some of my favorites. Details to come, so keep checking back because trust me it will be worth your while. Leave a comment below to leave your suggestions for products as I am open to any and all!
If you are new here come and check out my most popular posts this month: