You know you’re at the end of the month when it’s time for What’s Up Wednesday! I enjoyed doing this last month so I’m gonna do it again.
- What we’re eating this week– nothing healthy! In fact, we have all been enjoying a buffet of ice cream flavors from Talenti. It’s a gelato brand with a clean label, meaning just natural ingredients and no chemicals. We’ve been enjoying peanut butter with chocolate pretzel, salted caramel, key lime pie, belgian chocolate, fudge brownie, pistachio, and tiramisu. There are tons of fun flavors to choose from and we have been enjoying a scoop or two after dinner!
- What I’m reminiscing about– I am reminiscing about doing water aerobics in the summer with my mom. I think people think water aerobics is laughable and for the elderly, but it was pretty fun and helped me lose a decent amount of weight after having my second child. I reminisce about this because I used to go with my mom and she passed away three years ago from cancer. I miss her terribly. It was something we were able to do in the summer together and a good memory for me.
- What I’m loving– I’m loving a lot of things right now! I’m loving the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale even though it makes me poor and a lot of things are sold out and they didn’t restock #itsalovehaterelationship. I’m loving new makeup products that I’m trying out. I’m especially loving this green blush from Lipstick Queen called Frog Prince. It’s green in the pan but is the most beautiful rosy shade on the cheeks! I kinda have a thing for pH products. I’m also loving the LORAC Enchanting Elegance palette that was part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for $18 (post and link for palette here) I’m also reloving my foreo luna for making my skin feel so smooth and I’m loving Thayers Rose Petal witch hazel toner. It smells just like roses and is so soothing to the skin. I can’t believe I can find it at Whole Foods for $8!
- What we’ve been up to– We have been up to a lot this summer, which make me like a taxi service. I’ve been staying home with both my girls this summer and we have been busy! We have had ballet, gymnastics, summer camp, play dates, a fairy birthday party complete with wings and a fairy treasure hunt, and of course going to the pool!
- What I’m dreading– I’m dreading school starting. I am not looking forward to the traffic that I endure in the morning and in the afternoon to get my older daughter to and from school. If I thought I was busy this summer, I’m definitely driving a lot more once school starts back. My younger daughter is also starting pre-k and will be starting a new school. She has been at the same school/daycare since she was 3 months old. She is a crap shoot, it could either go well or go terribly as she has SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder) so her initial adjustment to environments are unpredictable. I’m also dreading the barrage of medical appointments I need to schedule before these girls go back to school like well visits, the dentist, etc.
- What I’m working on– I have been working with Glossier.com and IntoThe Gloss.com Unofficially, not getting paid, not making money or getting free products or anything. Just communicating and working on two projects here: my Brow post and my Pink post. I was pretty flattered when they reached out to me and even noticed my young baby blog. Here’s a link for 20% off your first purchase at glossier.com (may redirect because of wordpress but hang in there), free shipping on $30, and free shipping on the soothing face mist + coconut balm dot com set ($25 for both, 20%off, then free shipping= $20) or use SUMMER16 for $5 off your purchase. #iwasgoodatmath #loveagooddeal Plus look at this packaging!
- What I’m excited about– I’m also excited about school starting back because I will get like two whole hours without children. #alltomyself It’s terribly hard to take care of your own needs as a person when you are looking after the needs of others ALL the time. Apparently being a stay at home mom is no picnic. #someoneshouldawarnedme #ireallydolovethem #promise
- What I’m watching/reading– I am practically binge watching “Suits” on Netflix with my husband whenever we get the chance. We had seen the first season when the show first started, but soon children were sleeping in our room and late night tv was not an option. #bylatenightImean9pm Now we are getting to catch up, on season 4 right now.
- What I’m listening to– I’m listening to mostly pop music and Kidz Bop. #notproudofthis #againstmywill NPR has been tossed out the window. My daughter asked me this morning when they were going to stop talking because she wanted music. #kidsdontliketalkradio
- What I’m wearing-I’m wearing these Anastasia Beverly Hills Summer glosses (review and swatches coming tomorrow!) and this Josie Maran QVC TSV “Vibrant Milky Skin” that will air August 13th, but I’ve got your back with an order now link and the item number A286784 (free shipping and easy pay too). This set is a great deal and a great way to try the Vibrancy Foundation, sold out on Sephora right now. This foundation has been all the rage on blogs and youtube alike (especially Jaclyn Hill). It includes 4 full size products and a brush:1.7 fl. oz. 100% Pure Argan Oil,1 fl. oz. Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment,1 fl.oz. Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid,0.12 fl oz Argan Natural Volume Lip Gloss in Dyani, Vibrancy Foundation Brush. The cost for the set is $59.94 (w/ three optional easy payments) and the breakdown of this set at retail (aka Sephora) would be $204. Little known secret that QVC has some of the best deals on makeup sets and kits from well known brands.
- What I’m doing this weekend– By God I’m getting a pedicure! I’m in serious need of one and this weekend will be the one where I leave my husband with the kids and do something for myself and he will want to know exactly when I’ll be back. #heyIdothisalldayman #yourturn
- What I’m looking forward to next month– I’m looking forward to getting together with friends, having the last little bit of summer before school starts and it’s instantaneously Fall. August is the month before all our birthdays hit. Mine is September, my younger daughter’s is the day after mine, and then my older daughter’s is at the beginning of October. August is my birthday planning month, where I start buying presents and start talking birthday parties and themes. Don’t get any crazy ideas, I’m hardly a party planner- it’s more for financial reasons! I have a dream of doing a joint birthday party for them, so we will see if that’s realized this year. We usually do a quiet family celebration and try to make it special.
Thanks for reading! Also click on the links below to follow me on instagram and pinterest where I post beauty deals and sneak peeks 🙂
*no part of this post was sponsored
*no affiliate links