I can’t even believe that it’s the end of October. It’s almost November, where did October go? It’s the last Wednesday of the month so you know what that means! What’s up Wednesday- where you can catch up with me, see what I’ve been up to all month, what beauty products I’ve been loving, and what I’ve been wearing 🙂 (FYI if you here for updates on the IT Cosmetics TSV in November- scroll to the very bottom!)
- What we’re eating this week– We’re eating super healthy- for us! Vegetable stir fry with brown rice, vegan coconut curry, kale and brown rice bowl with avocado and almonds, grilled eggplant steaks! My Husband has a health test through work for his/our health insurance and he is certain that if he eats vegan for one week that it lowers his cholesterol, and it has for the last two years he has done it. #superstitious Whenever we eat like this we get pumped and say to each other “We should eat like this all the time! We feel so good!” but this quickly goes by the way side- uh hello Thanksgiving! Oh yeah and Christmas!
- What I’m reminiscing about– My girls love Halloween, especially my older daughter, and we have been reminiscing about all the things they have dressed up as for past Halloweens including a vampire bat, Jessie from Toy Story, a flower, Cinderella, a pirate, Evie from Descendants – this year it will be Wonder Woman and a Witch (a good one I’m told).
- What I’m loving in beauty– This Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette IN STOCK NOW- the hype is real and I’ll have a review and swatches up on Friday, it’s a must have. I really can’t believe I had doubts about this palette, as in I thought I wouldn’t use it because of the seemingly odd color scheme, but I use it all the time, even more than the Master Palette by Mario (still available at Macy’s and Ulta). This palette is permanent but there is a high demand so it is always out of stock, but it pops back into stock every once in a while -in stock now at sephora.com, will be in stock at anastasiabeverlyhills.com in about 2 weeks #getyourstalkerfingersready. I’ve also been loving the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC cream SPF 50 (either plain or illuminating- don’t forget you still need your SPF all year round!) with the Bye Bye Pores Powder for a flawless finish (somehow this powder does not dry out your skin or cake up when you set your foundation!). If you have already tried the IT Cosmetics CC Cream and know you like it, QVC is having a special mega size for the month of November at 2.53oz and after November it will go away. #alreadyordered QVC also has some other fun IT Cosmetics offerings including a fantastic Special Edition Brush Set (I own all of these and they are awesome- you need that blush brush in your life!) with brush roll and a full face makeup set for the holidays called The Most Wished For Palette (I have the one from last year and it’s a great way to get your toes wet and try a little bit of everything from IT Cosmetics, also good for traveling). I guess I should also note that IT Cosmetics is having their Friends and Family sale too click here to go to that post! Drunk Elephant everything for skincare, I highly suggest the Let’s B Clear Set to try a little bit of everything. I could not be without the B Hydra right now- it’s saving my Fall skin. Also the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon Fragrance, which is the perfect fragrance for Fall/Winter.
- What we’ve been up to– Spending time outside in the beautiful weather, going for hikes and playing at our neighborhood playground in the afternoons after school. Birthday Party at BounceU for my older daughter- we had a blast with cake and pizza! And parent-teacher conferences for school- I think both parents and teachers semi dread these.
- What I’m dreading– I dread all the driving I’m having to do right now. I drive about 500 miles a week just carting these kids where they need to go. I live for the weekends when I don’t HAVE to drive anywhere if I don’t want to or my husband will drive!
- What I’m working on– I’m already holiday shopping and I’m almost done with my girls. I like to get it done early and often buy when there are sales throughout the year. Yes, I sound crazy, I mean it’s not even Halloween yet, but stores are already starting to have toy deals. I’m lucky enough that my kid are still young and into dolls and fairly inexpensive toys. No one is into makeup, high end fashion or electronics- yet. #exceptme
- What I’m excited about– The holidays, I love that my kids and family get excited about the holidays, yes they are stressful, but we love reminiscing about past holidays, having our family holiday traditions, and the food!
- What I’m watching/reading– Watched and finished Red Oaks on Netflix, which is strangely addictive. Now we are having trouble finding a new show to binge watch. Not too much reading is going on, although I love and buy books, I never seem to have time to read them! Although I have been reading The Magic Treehouse series to my older daughter as well as the book Nightmares.
- What I’m listening to– I’m digging the classic rock station on the radio recently and the amazon prime music top 50 pop songs 🙂
- What I’m wearing– Jeans -either these Wit and Wisdom jeans or these LOFT Bootcut Jeans. The Lou & Grey Signaturesoft Tunics at LOFT– I bought all all the colors in the v-neck style this year I love this tunic that much- so00 soft and the perfect length for skinny jeans or leggings (a true tunic) with a little a-line so it doesn’t cling to my hiny, but thin so you could layer them. Also loving this floral mixed media sweater from LOFT (now on sale!) too because although it has long sleeves, it has an awesome back and is not too hot. I also love scarves and I’ve been trying to whip those out too, but it’s still really warm here some days. #readyforfall Oh and I finally can wear my Tom’s Majorca peep toe boots I got at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! #yay When it is cool I am wearing my Barefoot Dreams cardigans– so soft and cozy! I sleep in these if I’m cold at night, wear in the car to take the kids to school- also if it’s cool in the morning. #theresnolimitstothesesweaters
- What I’m doing this weekend– Halloween party with the family and kids which we have been looking forward to all month! Also Halloween on Monday which the kids have also been looking forward to all month!
- What I’m looking forward to next month– Thanksgiving and spending time with family, the kids being off of school, Black Friday Beauty Deals and black friday deals in general! I’m a shopper at heart and I love a good deal! #whatcanIsay
- What else is new– If you didn’t see my previous post about the upcoming Sephora 20% off sale- it is coming in the next week or two, so if you are a beauty junkie like me then start making your preliminary list now because you are getting a discount off brands never discounted! I offered up my list and general recommendations in this post 🙂 There have been a lot of new October beauty launches this month! I picked up the LORAC Mega Pro 3 Palette, LORAC Rose & Revelry Unzipped Set, Drunk Elephant Let’s B Clear set, Master Palette by Mario, Modern Renaissance Palette, MAC Nutcracker Sweet Collection– specifically the sweet peach face compact (which is not peach at all), and the First Aid Beauty TSV (Nov 1st)! In November HSN will have a Too Faced Todays Special and on November 12th QVC will have an IT Cosmetics TSV and I have no idea what will be in it, but so excited to find out because I really love their stuff! UPDATE: See Picture below- The IT Cosmetics TSV IT’s Your Top 5 Superstars & More 6 Piece Set $59.95 on 5 easy pay (A283837, Auto Delivery A290001) will include the Celebration Illumination Powder Foundation with a new brush. The brush is cut on a spiral and kind of looks like a blooming flower. The set will also include the Superhero Mascara, Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer, Je Ne Sais Quoi lip treatment, and Brow Power pencil. This is kind of a bummer for me because I have 4 of these powders (unopened) at home from previous TSV’s, but this is one of my favorite products from them- I just don’t need any more! No talc, great coverage, not shimmery in any way even though it says illumination- a great alternative to bareminerals if that makes your face itch from the bismuth. You can see my newest post on this here! Below is a pic of the Too Faced HSN “today’s special” they will have on the 11th including a full sized confetti blush, full sized lip gloss, full sized mascara, and eye palette with small heart shaped kabuki brush!
Check out my Stash Dupes series if you are looking for inexpensive options to high end products!
*no affiliate links