Ok so this is my first time to What’s Up Wednesday, so here goes! I love these blogs and thought it would be a good way for people to discover my blog too! I didn’t realize I was supposed to answer a bunch of questions so I’m going to try my best #newbie
- What we’re eating this week: Well my family has just been spoiled by my husbands parents who came into town last week to help take care of my girls while I was at a week long conference. This week we are fending for ourselves. We are trying to eat somewhat healthy. We grilled shrimp kabobs with veggies one night and we also like to grill chicken this time of year. We have salmon waiting in the fridge to be cooked. We also had sloppy joes made with turkey meat because my kids like those. #sorrynofancypictures #isaidsomewhathealthy
- What I’m reminiscing about: Our beach trip from two weeks ago. It was so relaxing. Our family needed this break from work and school. I was also able to do some shopping while on the beach! #nothingcanstopmefromshopping
- What I’m Loving: This lip and cheek palette from Tarte Cosmetics– so pretty, really works on both lips and cheeks, lasts all day, comes with a highlighter- what?! So versatile, I couldn’t wait to get it and I’m not disappointed! You can get it at tartecosmetics.com or sephora.com. $42
- What I’ve been up to: I kinda covered this yesterday, but at the beginning of June I had a major hiccup at work, then went on vacation, then had a week long conference to attend. This week I am getting into the groove with my kids for the summer and beauty blogging- yay!
- What I’ve been dreading: Now that I’ve wrapped work up, I’m hoping that it does not come back to bite me in the ass.
- What I’m working on: Literally this blog after having a three week hiatus and building up my instagram account. I have posted pics from the Nordstrom Anniversary catalog (the beauty section) on insta! #thisonesgonnabemine
- What I’m excited about: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale- no joke I get excited and anticipate that catalog starting around March/April! I always overspend and sheaffertoldmeto is no help! July 22- Aug 7!
- What I’m Watching: Every night before we go to bed, my husband and I have been watching House Hunters International on Netflix. We finished that series this week and now we’re watching the regular house hunters which is less interesting, but we’re determined to watch something mindless before we sleep.
- What I’m listening to: The Jack Johnson Pandora station #sorelaxing #remindsmeofthebeach
- What I’m wearing: Huh, this is going to be beauty related instead of clothes related, because, well, this is a makeup blog! I’ve been testing out this loreal pro-glow for about a month. It’s about $10 at drugstore and so far it’s impressed me for a drugstore foundation. #whoknew
- What I’m doing this weekend: We are traveling for the 4th of July to see some friends that we haven’t seen in almost a year so we are excited. We also might go a day early and go walk around our college campus, reminisce, take some pictures and share it with our kids because although they have been there before, they haven’t actually been on campus. It’s always great when we visit these friends, we go 90 miles an hour up until we leave. We eat too much, drink too much, and spend too much- but hey we only do this twice a year!
- What I’m looking forward to next month: ok, redundant- but the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
- What else is new: This month has been a whirlwind, even the last two days have been busy! I’m officially not working anymore and that is really weird for me, it will feel more weird in the Fall because I have been used to having some time off in the Summer, but still this is a whole new chapter. Ok and looking back through this post it kind of sounds like something bad happened at work and I was fired or something like that. I just want to shed some light on the work thing #ifeelaneedtoexplain #why. I am a Psychotherapist and had my own private practice which I have chosen to close/take a break from due to family/personal reasons. I closed on May 31st and of course the day after I was officially closed I received a court request for documents, which is very tricky in my field due to privacy laws. #okexplained So now everything is wrapped up for the most part and I can focus on the things I need to focus on now. #familyfirst
Did you like this What’s up Wednesday and getting to know me a little more, or not really- #sticktothemakeuplady Let me know down below! If you want a review of any of products mentioned above let me know that too! Do you have questions for me? Comment below